"Greg & Polly  Wiseman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Just curious:
>Do current Pentax lenses made in Japan still have the JCII sticker on >them?
>I only have two Pentax lenses.  The lens I purchased new last November has
>no JCII sticker put has a sticker "made in Japan".  A used lens I purchased
>from a PDML member has the JCII sticker.

The JCII sticker on a lens means (at least meant) that the lens has been
inspected and can be sent abroad. JCII stands for "Japan Camera and Optical
Instruments Inspection and Testing Institute".
The JCII, until some years ago, had the task to watch over the quality of the
photographic equipment exported. Now that task has returned to the
various photographic firms. So you can easily find a lens made ten years ago
with the sticker on it and you won't find at all the sticker on a brand new
lens.

Gianfranco