> > My favorite general purpose lense is an FA 35/2 AL, although I just
> > acquired an A 50/1.7 to use with my bellows.

>This is an important comment. If I remember correctly, the bellows manual
>says that the 50mm 1.4 and the 1.2 lenses are not suited for the bellows. I don't
>know
>why, but maybe one should take that into consideration.

I've also heard that the 1.4 and 1.2 lenses are not the ones to
use for macro. And I can confirm that my A 50/1.7 is an
excellent macro lens when used with extension tubes.

I think it's not so much that the 1.4 is bad but that the 1.7 is
better.

(We all know about the 1.2, of course. Who wants *that* lens in
their collestion? Not moi! <sniff>)
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.