Shel B. wrote:

> Can anyone help  - I need aa quick answer to this: early in her
> career, before actually taking the name "Madonna" and dying her
> hair blonde, Madonna did a nude photo shoot for a NY
> photographer.  Who was the photographer?  Herb Ritts?

As already has been mentioned, Madonna is her real name.
She did nude photo shoots already as an 18 year old in 1977 for an unknown
photographer, (or were they two?)
In 1978 she did nude shoots for Lee Friedlander as well as for Bill Stone (I have a
copy of French Penthouse from September 1985 with Stone's pictures.).
In 1979 she did a shoot for Martin Schreiber, some of these went into the book
"Madonna Nudes". Also in 1979 she did a nude photo shoot for a photography student,
Jere Threadgill.
If any or all of these photographers are New Yorkers I don't know.
These were all shoots she did before her musical career took off.

Lasse

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.