I was browsing my webhits and found 14hits from :
                        http://www.bannercrafter.com
        which purveys a bannermaking software. They provide a sample
        download to build "one using this sample image" or some such
        language. Being a Macintosh user, the files are useless to me
        for checking up on what they may be up to. I suspect they have
        linked to my page and are using one of my photographs as part
        of their demo. They have a contact link, but it doesn't work!
        I have sent off an email to root@, postmaster@ & webmaster@
        expressing my concern and offering to let them compensate me.

        Hmm - all just bounced back, as I kinda suspected. Follows
        my message to them ::
        __________________________
 BannerCrafter Folks

        I hope you have a good explanation for the 14 http referrals
        from your website to mine! You offer a "free" image template
        or something and I surely hope you are not blithely violating
        my copyright on any of the images from my website. Your contact
        link is inactive and I use a Mac - so your demo.exe is worthless
        as a means of seeing what you are up to.

        I will have a friend check out what you are doing. If you *do*
        really want to use my images, I must be compensated. Either link
        to some amatuers photos or contact me and we can talk.

        thanks Guys (& Gals, of course  :^)

        Bill