On 1 Feb 2001, at 9:35, herbet brasileiro wrote:

> Hi guys,
> How sharp are the FA77mm limited and FA85mm? I was
> playing with my FA100/2.8 taking some portraits but
> the lens is so darn sharp that every single tiny
> little mark in the faces are shown. You can see even
> lighted colored facial hair on young women's faces. Do
> the portrait lenses perform better?
> Herbet.

Had the same problems doing actors headshots with a
Tamron 90mm Macro - great for getting in close without
making your subject a bit squeamish, but not so great
for a "flattering picture".

Two solutions I am looking at -
        a) softening filters
        b) slightly softening the print in the darkroom

Haven't tried a) yet, B has worked on numerous occasions
but mostly to reduce the effect of grain on hi-speed-big-
enlargement shots.

Cheers!
Brian
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.