On 02/03/2001 10:19, Ann Sanfedele opined:

>I have an AOL account as an emergency backup for $4.95
>a month, so I can get to ebay even if my server is down or I'm visiting
>someone who has it I
>can easily access the email I had forwarded there from my regualr
>server.  But there are so
>many annoyances I can't count them.

I gave up my $4.95 account (and you cannot get them back, as they no
longer exist except as a grandfathered situation) because tending to my
website was taking more than the allocated 3 hours (or is it 4?) per
month.

But I must agree with you regarding annoyances. Especially at 28k!
Everything takes forever, and I do receive a half dozen spam msgs a day,
none of which are filtered out by the laboriously set up AOL filters I've
invoked. (Gave up on that)   So when I do log on, I have to look through
a hundred crap mails to see if there is one that is really to me from
someone I know or is trying to get in touch. Pain.

JoMac, Imagineer with Camera

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.