Hi,

Alberto wrote:

> Hi all
> I'm looking for a 67mm diameter hood for my 85/1.4 I bought used some months
> ago.
> Is it possible to find an "original" plastic hood from Pentax or they sell
> the hood only with the lens?
> Otherwise I think I will go for a rubber one.

I have occasionally seen the MH-RB67 come up separately, although
sadly never while I had the lens. It is metal, not plastic.

I have a surprisingly good Photax metal hood which I used to use with
that lens, and which I now use with the CZ 85/1.4. The 'correct' hood
for the CZ 85/1.4 is called Metal Hood no. 4 and needs the 67/86 step-up
ring. It would work equally well with the A* 85/1.4. This is a combo I
use from time to time, but it adds a lot of big scary metal to an already
quite large lens.

You might also consider a B+W metal hood for it - they are also very
good.

--
Cheers,
Bob