Dan Scott wondered:

> You can also very easily do you own proof sheet using a lamp
> and a couple of trays in the bathroom.

        it's really fairly easy, Dan.   In the dark, you lay out your paper
        and put the negs (in a sleeve page) over it and cover w/ a piece
        of clean glass to flatten everything out. Then turn on a modest
        wattage light bulb above this sandwich. There are various ways to
        determine the optimal time for the light to be on, but I have found
        one of the "density wedge" gizmos from Kodak to be easy & sufficient.
        It's just a plastic piece w/ varying densities arranged in a "pie-
        shape" - so you expose for 1 minute (or multiples/fractions thereof)
        and read the # of seconds off the wedge that has the best exposure.

        You'll need three plastic containers big enuf to hold your paper
        (lots to choose from in department stores) and some Dektol, Stop &
        Fixer.  Rinse 'em off in the tub in another larger platic gizmo.

        costs are actually very low for home development. Just need to
        get developer, stop, fixer & I like to use hypo-clear to speed
        the washing stage. most any continer will do for storage if kept
        in a dark closet. A small 2-reel developing tank, any clock w/ a
        second hand and a decent thermometer which covers the 68-85 degF
        range is a big plus, worth picking up even an overpriced one at
        a photostore. remember, we measure the *developer* temperature,
        not just the ambient air temperature   ;^)