I just got this piece of info from one of my history-wise friends at
Praktica group:

***
Frantisek, regarding trademarks, do you know that the name "Pentax" was
originally owned by KW? A range of KW cine equipment was made under the
Pentax name but I suspect Asahi made an arrangement with KW to use it
for its cameras.
***

few explanations: KW was a camera maker in Germany, later merged (afaik)
into VEB PENTACON.  They certainly had (tm) Pentaflex for some of the later
cameras. I do now know personally if the bit about Pentax is true too, but
the person who told it is usually spot-on. KW also had hands in the first
Prakticas.

Frantisek