I'm looking to get myself a screw-mount camera, and I
find myself rather attracted to the idea of having
one with no meter.  I like the idea of going out with
glass, metal and no batteries, with a simple hand-held
meter to get a real feeling for exposure. (I enjoy using
hi-tech cameras, and fully plan to get an MZ-S shortly,
but I feel I'd like to have something more basic for
those for philosophical times).

However, I find myself having very little knowledge of
anything pre K Mount.  Looking at the list on the AOHC page,
it seems the 'best' models are the SV/H3v S1a/H1a. However
it indicates that their are differences between 'early' and
'late' ones.

Is there any way to tell the difference here?

What camera should I be looking for?  I want something 100%
mechanical, no meter, but fairly 'standard' if possible.
ie, preferably all the shutter speeds on one dial, 1000th
shutter if possible, etc.

Also, I currently have no screw-mount lenses.  I did buy
myself a K-to-screw adapter, but never got a lens to put
on it.

I've seen the recent discussion, and it sounds like the
55/1.8 and 35/3.5 are nice.  Is there a nice lens down
around 24 or 20 ?  Also something around 100 or 120 ?
I hope to find SMC-Tak versions of whatever lenses I
decide on, if this makes a difference.

Thanks for any suggestions or input.

- Peter