Dear all, anyone experience with the quite inexpensive Vivitar 730 AF or
740 AF? I ran across them today in a shop. Spec seems decent for the price
(Bounce and tilt, zoom as well as IR spot beam.) but I was wondering about
the quality, especially the exposure accuracy, whether it quenches quick
enough after getting signaled to do so from the camera. The documentation
is apparently poor. The manual, the box and the scale on the back off the
flash indicate different guide numbers.

It is quite tall, but that should help against read eye.