On 11 Feb 2001, Gianfranco Irlanda wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> Hurry up and go to the AOHC page at
> http://digilander.iol.it/aohc/pma2001i.htm

Very sweet!

Features that strike me as being significant:

1) Magnesium alloy exterior - "...the new MZ-S combines the advantages of
past top-of-the-line models... durable body construction of the legendary
LX"

2) User interface and Z-1p-like "Hyper" modes

3) SAFOX VII 6-point AF system

4) On-film data/exposure info recording.

5) AF360FGZ dedicated flash with wireless flash control (including TTL -
no more overpriced flash cables!). I had to read the specs over a few
times but it seems that this flash can sync with the MZ-S at shutter
speeds above the standard 1/180 flash sync! Someone please correct me if
I'm wrong.

6) Available AA battery grip w/ vertical release and other controls.

7) TS-110 release timer switch - for interval, designated-time, and
long exposure shooting. (think "intervalometer")

Some other points (good as well as not so good):

-92%, 0.75x viewfinder - this is even worse than the Z-1p :(
-Self-Timer: Electronically controlled type with 2 or 12 seconds delay
(pseudo MLU?)
-exposure compensation and auto-bracketing in 1/2 stop steps
-does it have flash exposure compensation?
-2.5 fps (vs. 4.0 for the Z-1p)
-interchangeable focusing screens
-no limit for multiple exposures
-what about $$?

I must say this is better than I expected. The magnesium exterior in
particular took me by surprise. I look forward to seeing the full list of
specs.

Gerald