Jens wrote:

> Hi all
> Mike wrote about the MZ-S, referring to a 92%/ x0.75 viewfinder:
>> a very fancy, very capable consumer-grade snapshot camera<
>
> Well, maybe that's just what Pentax does best. (I'm disapointed with the
> viewfinder as well - if this is really true. It's not just annother feature,
> where I could just use other cameras (like MLU), but a drawback, that
> effects any picture, made with this camera).
> Nevertheless, a snapshot camera doesn't have...[etc.]

Jens,
True. My wording was too harsh (which seems usual for me these days,
unfortunately. Too much stress). I should have specified that this is just
for me...for my uses, any camera with a .92, .75x finder joins the large
group of products aimed more or less at less discriminating consumers who
aren't as aware of subtler features of camera design, which include such
things as the viewfinder and shutter lag, rather than the much smaller group
of more discriminating veteran photographers who *do* notice such things.
But this is only from my point of view. Otherwise the MZ-S seems excellent
in very many ways, and I imagine many PDML'ers will be happy with one.

Which brings to mind...I wonder who will be first on our block to buy and
own one?   |;-)

--Mike