I find cropping into people can be great fun. :)

I never noticed that I did it until someone pointed it out to me,
actually.  I just like to get nice and close to people.

For a shot that (I think) is spectacular, in part because of the crop,
check out the cover for Lyle Lovett's album The Road To Ensenada.  Now
THAT is a crop.  The images inside are great, too.  The album before it,
I Love Everybody, also has some neat stuff going on inside of it.  I
forget the photographer's name, sadly.

-Aaron