Well, not actually totally unusable, they would be the perfect mate for the
ZX-30 and ZX-50.  They would also work well with the PZ-1p (how many of you
PZ-1p users use the aperture ring on A and FA lenses instead of
hypermodes?)  On other cameras like the ZX-5n, ZX-3, and ZX-M (ZX-7 and
ZX-10 too?) - and older cameras like the Super Program you'd be stuck with
Program and Tv modes only.  With the P3 series and A3000 they would be
program mode only, which would really stink.  I hope Pentax doesn't do
this, though I think there are KAF Tamron lenses without aperture rings...
How much does tho aperture ring add to the cost of a lens anyway?

Todd