I foolishly allowed the battery in my Pentax IQZoom 928 to die.  Over the
holiday break I visited San Diego's Wild Animal Park with friends and while
there bought a replacement battery, and installed it.  However, the camera
did not come back to life and instead displays only a blinking "E".  The
on/off button works (lens uncovers); the lens will zoom in and out, and I
can select all functions, but the E remains and the camera won't take any
shots.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate the Owner's Manual and
therefore have no information about how to restore the camera to
health.  I've read here in the PDML archives that many Pentax cameras have
a mid-roll rewind button, but I don't see any recessed button on my
model.  I found nothing in the archive about resetting an error condition.

I can't say exactly what model of 928 I've got (the current model offered
is an M) except that it's about 3 years old, has four function buttons
surrounding the LCD screen (redeye, flash, distance, and timer). The
Mode/select/adjust buttons and display are on the camera back.

I'll appreciate any suggestions about how to interpret and clear the
blinking E (error?) and how to rewind to film.

Mike McGraw   office: AH 106-A6, phone: x58048

Visit the QCT Tech Pubs web site:
http://icenet.qualcomm.com/Groups/TechPubs/index.html