I started my 35mm photography with a new Super Program in 1983, this
after an extensive search for features and handling.  Its smaller size fits
my hands well.  I still have it, though do not use it much.

        The following year I purchased a new LX.  What drove me to it was
its supposed durability (I do not treat my cameras as jewels) and the
excellent sealing against the elements (I had been rained and snowed on and
been in a few dust storms during the first year).  The fact that it could
continue to work without batteries was interesting to me.  The final item
that won me over was when I handled it.  It did and continues to feel great
in my hands.  My collection now includes two more LXs and everything from a
K1000 to a ZX-5.  This is not counting the three screwmounts...

        I find it interesting that whenever I head out to take photos I
instinctively reach for an LX.  It may not be religious but there is
something in the way it feels as it is used.  I think that some have
mentioned about the way you can carry it vertically.  That is just genius to
me.  I think it comes down to noticing the little things that show the
thought that went into the making of the LX.  I have not taken advantage of
many of its accessories, but I know that they are there if ever I would have
a need.

        Sorry for the rambling, you have Shel to thank for it.  He made me
think of why I made the LX my second camera purchase only a year after
getting into 35mm photography.

        I sit back and read all the conjectures and threads on the MZ-S, but
like some have said until I get it in my hands the jury will be out on it in
my mind.  If it and the digital are half as nice as my LX (to me) then
Pentax will be forcing me to find the way to obtain them - though getting
the digital may mean no MX-S.

                Just my thoughts,  who else would understand,

                César
                Panama City, Florida