Any comment on the Beseler 67 cp.  I have one I've never used.  I'm probably going to
sell it but might decided to keep it depending on what I find out.

-----Original Message-----
From:   tom [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, February 15, 2001 11:48 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: OT: Enlargers

Delano Mireles wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can those of you who do your own prints comment on the enlargers you use for
> B&W printing?

You'll get a lot of opinions, all different.

I use a Saunders D6700. It has a color head and can print up to 6x7. I'm
going to sell it because:

- I've come to the conclusion that I don't like color heads for b+w
printing.
- I don't like the focus action.
- I don't think I can get a grade 5 (or 6 or whatever) print out of it.

> I'm really interested in getting one and am just not too
> familiar with them enough to know what to look for.  Is it somewhat the same
> as cameras -- you may be able to go with a budget enlarger and then at a
> later date really invest in some good glass?

Well yeah, but get the good glass now. A Nikkor 50mm/2.8 is pretty good
and can be had for under $100 used. There are probably some good ones
available even cheaper, but I'm not familiar with them.

> Any comments on the Beseler
> Cadet II or Printmaker 35?

They seem kind of flimsy to me...I've only played with them in the
store.

I would:

- buy used.

- buy something that will go up to 6x7 (probably just about anything
used that will go up to 6x7 and has a filter drawer should be good, as
long as you can get accessories for it).

- get something with a filter drawer rather than a color head. (Or a
VCCE head if you want to spend a few bucks.)

tv

application/ms-tnef