Erwin Vereecken wrote "re using K mount lenses on MZ50"

>If you put your M50 f1.7 on your MZ-50, for more then just one occasional
>shot, you could do the following:

>Manually select an ISO speed of 2 and 2/3 stops lower then reality (ISO16
>for and ISO100film, ISO 32 for a 200film, etc..)

>With the camera on manual, the light meter will now show you which
diaphragm
>to select. The middle of the meter range will be f4.0, one higher f5.6, one
>lower f2.8 etc, all the way from f1.4(which you don't have) to f11,
>including the half stops.

>Should work fairly quick, without calculations.
>There is a theoretical 1/6 stop overexposure, but that should'nt have a
>visible influence on the result. If you think your camera has a tendency to
>overexpose anyway, lower ISO speed by 2 and 1/3 stop, that will give a
>theoretical underexposure of 1/6 stop.

>It's not real easy, because if you would have several manual lenses, you
>would have to change ISO everytime you change lens, f.i. for a f2.8, lens
>ISO would have to be lowered 1 stop to keep f4 in the midle, and if you
>mount an automatic lens in between, you shouldn't forget to put ISO back to
>normal.

That's brilliant Erwin.  You could make it easier by keeping a note of the
exp compensation needed for each of your lenses.  I didn't use my K mount
lenses on my MZ50 but would have had I thought it through like that.
Problem's gone away now though - "Stolen"  & I replaced with MZ7 which
doesn't have the problem.  Great tip for anyone still owning MZ50 though.

Peter