> Re Doug's reference to:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item
> =1215307664
>
> This same item was offered, and sold, a few months
> ago on eBay. That always
> makes me a little suspicious--I'd at least ask the
> seller why the prior sale
> went wrong, and, if you can dig it up, find the
> previous buyer and ask him
> why the sale didn't go through. Maybe I'm suspicious,
> but I would wonder
> whether the buyer may have found a flaw in the item
> that caused him to
> return it to the seller.
>
> --Mike

If it's the very same item, being sold by the same person, then
there may indeed be something wrong with it.  But, on the other
hand, if it was won for a high amount, then the sale may not
have happened.  The buyer may have chickened out on the deal.

I once chickened out, myself.  Not because the price was too
high, but because the seller wanted me to send a money order to
a post office box and then he changed the name I was to make it
payable to.  I offered to pay him via PayPal if he'd register
with them but he wouldn't do it.  His registering with PayPal
would have given me some insurance that I wasn't going to get
ripped off.  Deals between registered PayPal users are insured.
I don't know what everyone else does but I need a good feeling
about the seller before I send the money.  The guy doing the
buying runs all of the risk.  The worst thing that happens to
the seller is that he still has his item.

Len
---