>>PT: Pentax topic.
>>PRT: photography-related topic
>>OT: off-topic
>>OL: off-list
>>BT: bullshit topic
>>TC: trivial comment ("I agree," "thanks," "me too" etc.)
>>RBT: really boring topic
>>MT: meta-topic, i.e., post in which we discuss the appropriateness of
>>various topics.
>>
>>Punishment for mislabeling posts: ______________________
>
>I have the feeling that if too much rules have been applied to the list, the
>overall discussion might become too dry. This was the reason I was on and
>off the list in the past. The amount of post might drop dramatically as well
>(if that's what some wanted). I think a little human touch won't hurt. 8-)
>
>regards,
>Alan Chan

Agreed. As it was, I had a hard enough time remembering if OT was "On
Topic", "Off Topic", or "Out There"--you start putting this alphabet soup
on everything and the few brain cells I have left will start smoking from
the OL (OverLoad). My feeble minded solution to the noise is to sort the
posts by subject and then read a few. It doesn't take that long to mentally
assign a topic a C (Crap) and delete the whole lot even if there are
seventy-five of them. Surprisingly satisying sometimes--and anyway, one
person's C is another's G.

Dan Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]