>Does anyone here have experience with the Beattie Intenscreen focusing
>screens? They have some screens for the LX and PZ-1, but don't list any
>for the PZ-1p. I would like a screen with center split for my PZ-1p since
>most of my work is manual focus. I figure that I will just need to set the
>exposure compensation when using PZ-1 screens on my PZ-1p. Anyways, the
>URL is here:
>
>http://www.intenscreen.com
>
>At $79 each they're not cheap but if they work as advertised then it seems
>like a good deal to me. I wonder if it's possible to use these screens on
>the MZ-S? Also, would the center split have an effect on the AF and spot
>metering?

I tried the MZ-M screen (C74) in the Z-1p (both have identical diamension)
and found the spot meter would be off quite a bit (due to the split image).
The other two metering modes seem to work fine. The only problem is you
would discover the AF of the Z-1p was not as accurate as you might think.

I have an Intenscreen for LX (used in MX). Personally, I prefer the MZ-M and
Z-1p screens (I used the C74 in the MX now). The Intenscreen is really
bright, but with quite a bit of vignetting with some wide angle, and the
screen is quite coarse. If you need a split image screen only, maybe you
should consider the MZ-M screen instead (but do not expect the spot meter
will work).

>I remember seeing another site with screens listed especially for the
>PZ-1p, but I cannot find them anymore. Their screens were more expensive -
>around $199 IIRC so I didn't pay much attention to them at the time.

www.brightscreen.com? The Pentax C74 chould be significantly cheaper than
either one. However, you might need to contact the Pentax service centre
because C74 is not a retail item (more like spare part).

regards,
Alan Chan