>The 2 second mirror lock-up is for critical macro or telephoto shots.  The
>manual mirror lock-up feature on the LX or K2 or ... do make a difference
>when shooting 300mm+ lenses on a tripod.  The whole camera/lens combination
>gets to shaking when the mirror goes up.  The 2 second pre-fire is designed
>to let the camera stop wiggling before the shutter opens.

Yep. Just a few days ago I was on my way to work and spotted a
great potential shot. I had my PZ-1p and wide-tele zoom with me
but no tripod or cable release...and I knew I'd be looking at a
long shutter speed. I just bundled up my coat on the roof of my
car and positioned the camera onto it. The 2-second morror
lock-up saved the day.

>That said, I own a PZ-1 and have never been able to justify upgrading to a
>PZ-1p.  The only feature that I think about is the flash compensation.  I
>believe the PZ-1p has an easy system to use for daylight fill flash.  This is
>a feature you missed.

Yes, that's a biggie, too.