Mafud wrote:

     "OK Tiger ~anyone~: which PENTAX bodies "beep" to confirm focus?"

The ZX/10 also beeps to confirm focus.  The beep is "tied" to the focus
indicator in the viewfinder.  Of course the beep can be turned off. and
then you just use the ground glass screen or the focus indicator.  Some
times the beep is kind of handy when I'm concentrating on the rapidly
changing composition in low light.  (That was never a problem 30 years
ago.)  I was in a situation Saturday where I wouldn't have been able to
hear the beep if I wanted to.  I kept wishing for earplugs. <g>  Needless
to say, it was not an "acoustical camera" situation.

K.