Thanks for the replies

I wrote to Japan in September and have not had any reply. The address I used
was

The Director
Service Department (International)
Asahi Optical Co. ltd
11-1, Nagata-cho 1-chome
Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 100
Japan

Maybe anyone knows a better address?

I wrote to amateur photographer in November - same letter as below, but they
will not print it as a matter of policy. However they said they would
contact Pentax. I haven't heard anything.

I'll try the pentaxuser website as suggested.

If anyone's got any addresses I could write to I'd be greatful.

cheers

jeff