Frank,
Comments [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> 2) I want to remove the hotshoe, as it just catches on any clothing
>     easily, making removing the camera from a pocket slower. It's all
>     contact mounted, so no loose wires to cut. However, I will have to
>     make a a square metal cap with holes to cover it. No problem. This
>     camera will be loaded with 1600 film all the time, anyway, and on
>     the rare occasion I will use flash I can use a bracket.

     It would be simpler to use a hot shoe cover.
     It is a black plastic square that slides into the hot shoe.
     It would fill those metal corners that catch on things.
     You could glue it in if necessary.

>     3) Making a grip like the LX grip. This would greatly improve the
>     handling of the camera singlehandedly. I am thinking of making it
>     of wood. Making a sort of bracket for the bottom of aluminium,
>     ending in a screw secured to the wood, and the bracket screwed into
>     tripod socket. The other end of the wood grip could be unsecured
>     (like the grip on Winder ME/MEII is), or secured by running a screw
>     trough the strap lugs hole (removing the old nut and strap lug).
>     This is an operation I need some comments on. Of course I also
>     considered just using a winder without batteries, but it's somewhat
>     too big. If I get a broken winder ME, I might give it a thought.

     You should look at the grip on the Super Program/Super A.
     It is much smaller than the LX grip, and mounts with a screw on.
     It is complemented by a thumb grip area on the back door.
     Otherwise, you are going to end up with a metal baseplate like the ME
belt clip.

     Regards,  Bob S.