-- -----Original Message-----
-- From: tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
-- Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 10:24 AM
--
-- > -----Original Message-----
-- > From: Cesar Matamoros II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
-- >
-- >
-- > This is something I have always talked about with people in
-- > terms of digital
-- > photography.  You are now the developer.  And with the talk
-- > of archiving,
-- > double and triple archiving is the means to minimize
-- > unreadable media.
-- >
-- > Reading on a couple of lists I can see where, especially
-- > with numerous
-- > formats and correcting and editing, teh process almost
-- > calls for a computer
-- > dedicated to the cause - what I will do for a DSLR - and
-- > the time factored
-- > in for pricing jobs.
--
-- This is wholly dependent on the lab. Photo labs realize that if they
-- don't start offering easy digital solutions, they'll be out of
-- business in 5 years.
--
-- My lab prints digital pretty much the same way they print film. Give
-- them the files, they make prints. If there's a problem, you tell them
-- what it is and they reprint it.
--
-- The photo industry in general (Kodak, Fuji, Agfa) realize
-- that to make
-- digital really work and make money that they have to make it
-- simpler -
-- Joe Schmoe isn't going to go for digital unless it's as easy as
-- dropping off his disposable camera off at Wal-Mart.
--
-- The guy hunched over his computer screen spending 2 hours on
-- one print

César
Panama City, Florida