No, American police officer would be caught dead in that, (but it is so damned cute).

At 10:03 AM 12/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
Hi all,
reading this thread I remembered the smallest police car I ever saw. I
was in Capri, the famous island in front of Sorrento and Naples where
VIPs and generally affluent people likes to show their Big Boats, nice
and powerful friends or beautiful wives and husbands. Well, I'll leave
it here. It's a very nice place, BTW, and I was there with my wife in a
warm spring week. A sweet place, really.

Anyway Capri is actually a small rocky place so road are very limited
and quite narrow. The one in the picture was a real police car, probably
the only one able to get into the most narrow streets and not get stuck.
Of course a good part of Capri has no roads but only cobbled paths so
you can only walk if you have to get there. But that's another story. We
even rented a small scooter to have a better look around and even that
way you still had to walk a lot. It's like a mountain valley in the
middle of the sea.

Have a look:
http://space.tin.it/arte/flamin/tinplcar.jpg

Ciao, Flavio