> I hear what you're saying about pros - once a pro, always a pro, and the
> cameras that a
> pro uses are pro cameras (but if he/she buys a disposable camera to take
> Christmas
> pictures, I still maintain that wouldn't be a pro camera, it would be a "pro's
> camera").
>
> But, really, I don't care a whit.  I (clearly an amateur) use the cameras that
> I use.
> Pros use the cameras that they use.  Not being a pro, I don't really care what
> defines
> them, or their cameras - although it does make for a fun argument sometimes,
> over a
> couple of pints of Guinness.

Frank,
When Alfred Eisenstadt was stopped on the street, he invariably claimed to
be an amateur photographer, just out taking pictures for the love of it.

--Mike

* * *
"You never know when the shot of a lifetime will appear before you. You do
have a say in what kind of film is in your camera when it happens."
(Mark Roberts)

* * *
Find out about Mike Johnston's unique photography newsletter, "The 37th
Frame," at http://www.37thframe.com.