I think Costco prices are standard across the lower 48. I believe the
NYC store is supposed to fit the environment, rather than resemble a
suburban warehouse store lost in Manhattan. You do have to be a member,
but it's worth it. It's also fun, because they bring in a lot of very
nice merchandise for brief appearances. You never know what you'll find.
Plus, they provide samples of a lot of food items. You can have lunch
while you browse.
Paul