> It's not quite that simple.
>
> What will we do for a 50/1.4? 24/2? Even if Pentax decided to release
> a 35/1.4, how many folks would be happy to shell out $1000 for what is
> basically a 50/1.4?!

You guys dont understand. A 35mm F1.4 lens designed for
a smaller sensor will be as cheap to produce as a 50mm
F1.4 for 35mm or even cheaper. A nice side effect is
it will be smaller than a full frame 35mm design.

> For those of us who prefer to shoot below at 85mm or less, we're
> basically hosed. However, the thought of the 50/1.2 becoming a 75/1.2
> *is* pleasant to contemplate....
>
> tv

Changing the sensor size does not "make" a 50mm F1.2 lens
into a 75mm. Youll just be recording a smaller part of the
same image. It's like cropping.
JCO