This one time, at band camp,
"Rob Brigham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Pentax will be putting out a 14
> megapixel Full Frame SLR utilizing a Foveon sensor.
Not unbelievable if there is a range of lesser models eg:
6=8-12 Mega pixel.

> The SLR will accept all 35mm Pentax-AF lenses and will have an
> environtmentally sealed body.
Support for existing lenses has long been a selling point for Pentax.
What is 'environmentally sealed'?

> - 35mm Full Frame Foveon Sensor with RAW only recording. No JPG.
> Firewire and USB enabled ports.
A firewire port or some form of networkable camera would be awesome.

 External flash shoe will accept
> Pentax-AF series units.
This would be expected of any Pentax 35mm, digital or film

> - Maximum ~2.0 FPS recording
A little slow for some but handy, the MZ-S I think does 2.5

> - ISO 100-800 with ISO 800 being a special programmed in camera
> function.
Again a little slow for low light situations,

> - Anti Alias filter and dust protector over sensor.
standard

> Obviously no estimated Street Value but my source tells me expect the
> final street price to be roughly $6,000.
This is where rumour becomes rough, at that price, I imagine they will
sell 2. Pentax has never competed in that price category so why would they
begin now?

 Release date sometime in April
> 2002.

I think you mean April 1 2003 ;)

Would like to see it all come true, exept for the $$$

Kind regards
Kevin
Kevin Waterson
Byron Bay, Australia