Steve,

I haven't got the adaptor, but there is a 9 volt battery pack that is really useful.
It holds 6 'C' size batteries and whines like is generating high voltage for the flash
to use.  I thought it was very handy and easily hangs on your belt.  The primary
weight is the 6 batteries and it is difficult to run out of juice.

Regards,  Bob S.