At

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/1ds/1700-frames.shtml

is a review about the EOS 1Ds  from Michael Reichmann.

Here I quote his summary:

Because I've been asked the question several times recently, let me answer
it straightforwardly here. I am moving away from medium format and film in
general, and expect that I will be doing 90% of my photography with the
Canon 1Ds and D60 from now on. I have recently sold my Pentax 645 equipment
and while I'm hanging on to the Pentax 67 outfit, I really am not sure when
I'll use it next. It too might get sold soon. My XPan and Leica M equipment
stays in the mix because they both offer unique capabilities, but frankly,
working digitally has become like a drug; image quality is so superior to
film and workflow so much more convenient that it's hard to look back. Film?
Oh ya, I remember film.