On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 01:30  PM, Mike Johnston wrote:

I have a Canon S800 and am very happy with it.  It will print a 8X10
in
about 1 minute.  I am happy with the colors it produces and
especially like
the 6 different ink cartridges, which reduces ink expense and
waste.  A
friend of mine is constantly impressed with it's ability to produce
good
blues tones for skies.

I'll second that. I'm very happy with my S800. I did, however, invest in a
ColorVision Monitor Spyder for calibrating the monitor to the printer, which
I'd also recommend.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0211/02112502spyderspecial.asp

--Mike

Mike,

What has been your experience with color fading? I'm considering a Canon as a replacement for the HP my wife uses (due to all the raves on Canon's quality and speed) but the first negative I've seen on these printers would be a significant one (just for me <g>, not my wife).

See http://drycreekphoto.com/PrintTest/results.htm if you missed my original query on the subject.

Thanks,

Dan Scott