i don't make any enlargements larger than 11x14, and even those on very rear occasions
(which means i did it twice in my lifetime). do i need the resolution of 100MP camera?

you bet!

on my computer screen, i can use all the resolusion i can get, as long as i can zoom
in and out. i don't care about the "maximum print size" -- i am not even going to
print.

mishka