The f4 M75-150mm came in the mail today from KEH. Nice, not-too-heavy, old
timey lens. Easy to operate on my ZX-M. Smooth and easy push-pull zoom and
focus with one hand... Center weight AE metering... No blemishes on either
outside covering or glass, aperture ring clicks as smooth as butter,  and it
was classified as a "bargain"! ($53.00 -Wow!)
View through it is bright and clear, will see how it does its intended work
better after current snowstorm passes here in NJ.
(I still find it hard to believe that such good equipment can be obtained so
inexpensively today...)

This 75-150 lens may well replace my Tamron 2x, FA50mm f1.4 combo for
outside use, although the 2x 50 is still great for interior, low light
conditions. Used this combo (with my ZX-M) to photograph kids playing
basketball in a gym; only four pictures out of focus, out of total 27.
Pretty good for manual focusing of sports action. (Before AF, this was the
way it HAD to be done.)
(But I still will spring for an AF camera, as the FA50 and the 2x will
operate that way also. And I want them ALL to be in focus...!!)

Comparing the FA50 with the FA50 2x TC....
Naturally the light was harder to work with the 2x on, as the lens then
became an f2.8. Big difference for ambient light work. Big difference! But I
was also surprised to learn that the focusing became more "delicate", with
seemingly less leeway in lens movement as to focusing it down sharp. (My
imagination here?)

Got some good night shots (with 2x) of an antique shop's interior showcase
thru the window, (rubber lens hood is great for this,) almost macro type
stuff of backlit glasses on shelves. F2.8 100mm is great for close-ups in
low light, even when done via 2x TC. But when I continued on to shoot a
wider rainy night scene of this same street it was a relief to then take the
TC off and use the 50mm's full potential. (Got one beautiful, PUG worthy
shot here...)
One big drawback with F1.4 for close-ups though, is limited DOF wide open.
Not as noticable when focusing on infinity, but with close-up of shelves,
glasses are in focus up front, glasses a foot behind are not...

I don't understand why people complain about, or put up with, flare in
lenses? Rubber lens hoods are great way to eliminate this (at aprox $5 per),
and can usually be put on any lens in place of extending the lens's (too
short) built-in hood. They also fold back when not in use to make great
additional protection for the lens.

Am thinking about getting a used PZ1 body for my AF camera. KEH price for
one in "excellent" condition is aprox the same as a new ZX5n body at BH. I
really don't like the way the PZ's look (like a kid's fake camera, or a
plastic beach toy), and I hate the way people say they eat (expensive)
batteries, but I am intrigued by what they can do... (Especially with the
hyper-program and hyper-manual modes. Although I see no real reason to ever
shoot over 1/2000th sec, since only 1/500th is capable of stopping almost
any damn thing.)
But the PZ's do seem to have some interesting features that the ZX's lack.
And if KEH's "bargain" stuff is so good (as per my "new" M75-150mm), then I
can imagine what their "excellent" must be like...

Don't like the manual VF on my ZX-M. The center focusing-aid ring shines too
bright in the middle of the matte glass when camera is stopped down, or when
DOF option is used, and is quite distracting. I think the clear matte
screens on the AF cameras would probably be even better for manual focusing
than this silly VF that is designed for it...

Enough ramblings. My woman is missing my presence. (Nice, this...). Pentaxia
is closed for the night.
Skip