We don't laugh at Newton in spite of Einstein later work.  Newtonian physics
more than adequately describes the world we live in day to day, you can bet
your life on it.

At 06:57 PM 12/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:
We could go back even further - was it Francis Bacon or Rene Descartes that
was the founder of the Scientific Method - anyway.. ya.. I don't think
we'll be laughing at Einstein anytime soon.. probably a few things he
stated might be blown apart - maybe not - I don't think it will happen in
my lifetime though.

Cheers,
Dave

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Shaun Canning [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:02:54 +1100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sheesh!

Brad,

Science, and our general understanding of the world we inhabit, moves
forward on the shoulders of giants like Einstein. No one will ever
'laugh' at Einstein, however he may be proven wrong here and there. This
is the entire foundation of scientific endeavor. We test and examine
what others have done before us, attempting to prove previous
theoretical positions right or wrong, or further develop existing
theories, or develop new ones.

Cheers

Shaun

http://mail2web.com/ .
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx