All the entries were well done this month! Here's a few that I thought were
above and beyond:

Martin Mielke's "Beaver" looks like it's ready to head off into the sunrise
on a (damn) cold morning.

Ken Waller's "Santa Barbara Birds" for it's pumped up color as well as the
fact that it's really monochrome: black, red and shades in between. Simple
composition of just three birds works well, too.

Ray Ford's "Sandwich Boardwalk" is a great study in simplicity: symmetry
between the bridge and its reflection and cool color palette.

Petr Pazour's "Flood Water" conveys a lot of energy and awe, especially when
you notice the "tiny" streetlamp on the right. Seems more like a fine art
photograph than reportage.

Mark Cassino's "Gold In Purple" is a great nature macro shot. The background
bokeh color nicely echoes the colors found in the main subjects and the
lighting adds depth. Well done!

Thibault Grouas' "Fishing" is a fine photo that would have fit in perfectly
with last month's gallery: The alarm one feels for the foundering vessel
contrasted with the calmness (apathy?) of the fisherman, and, of course, the
size of the ship and person. It looks like he's going to get squished!

Marnie Parker's "Golden Moment". At first, I thought this was simply a nice
snap of oaks on a golden slope, a fine composition on its own. However, the
slightly hidden doe in upper third of the frame really made me go "Wow!"
once I found it. I like the fact that this is a wildlife photo without being
blatant about it.