Yea there's lots of dopy crap in basic photography books, Authors used to be
paid by the word, maybe they still do, I don't know it's been a long time
since I tried to sell anything. But hidden in those books are good basic concepts
that have been used for centuries. If you don't learn the basics you don't
even know why you should despise them, or when you should use them for that matter,
or if they even exist.

At 12:01 AM 12/31/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> The mere fact that your instructors didn't see fit to give you a good
> education, or didn't know the difference doesn't make them or you
> right.  You said you had never heard about the rule of thirds well it's in
> just about every basic photography or art book I've ever read.

You mean along with the rest of the dopey crap in basic photography books.

--Mike, off to make "impressionism" by photographing through the shower door

<g>
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx