I have always maintained that stupidity should be considered a criminal act.
I believe whoever committed the boneheaded blunder of giving that guy $198
should have it taken out of their pay. Sure, since he got money back, that
does sound like fraud, but in this case, I think the business was as much a
victim of the cashier as it was the guy with the "$200" bill.