Hi,

> The fact is, nobody can possibly name a single "rule of thumb" a) such that
> it will usefully improve pictures in all situations where it can be applied
> and b) such that pictures which do not conform to the rule will not be
> strong or successful or good or whatever positive word you want to use.

Mike, I don't believe anybody has made these claims during this
discussion. On the contrary, people have repeatedly pointed out
the ambiguity in the word 'rule' and warned against misinterpreting
it. But you've continued wilfully to misrepresent the position and set
it up as a straw man just to knock it down.

---

 Bob