I have only seen A50/f1.4s with plastic aperture rings. However, I have seen A135/f2.8s both with plastic and metal aperture rings, so I can well imagine that there are different versions of the A50/f1.4, too.

Arnold

Peter Spiro schrieb:

I agree with Mark that lenses with metal aperture rings hold up better and generally offer smoother turning.

However, regarding the 50 f/1.4 A, I got hold of one a while ago which had a plastic aperture ring, rather than metal. Pentax seems to have gone back and forth on this as the whim took them. For example, most 50 f/2 M lenses have plastic rings, but I recently came across one (made in Taiwan, not Japan) that was metal.

Every 50mm A f/1.7 and f/2 lens I have seen had a plastic aperture ring, but I think other focal lengths were metal in the A series.