Not in my experience, you should be able to pick up a new ZX-M for about $160 US.
I've not seen a ME Super for less than about $200, although prices have been
falling on e-bay lately, but the local camera stores usually sell very good
condition ME-Supers for abut $225.00.

At 07:31 PM 1/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Had one Wendy :)

Couldn't afford to keep it with all my other cams - but I guess the census
states ME-Super - which I think can be had cheaper than the MZ-M.

This sort of makes things a bit easier since I"m looking for a "user"
Pentax.

Cheers,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: wendy beard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 6:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MZ-M owners/users opinions?

At 05:38 PM 01/01/2003 -0500, Dave wrote:
>Folks...
>
>I've been considering getting a body to use with my beautiful 50mm f1.4
>SMC-M.
>I was looking at the MZ-M used.
>What do you all have to say for this baby compared to the older MX/K1000/K2
>etc. bodies?

Yuk?

I had an MZ-M for about two weeks. Ran a couple of films through it and
couldn't think of any reason to keep it when I had a couple of perfectly
good MXes at home.
It was so light, I had to weight it down with an A35-105 before it felt
like a "real" camera.
I bought it second hand and the numbers had started to wear off the shutter
speed dial. I wasn't terribly impressed with it.

You need an LX, you do ;-)

W.

Wendy Beard,
Ottawa, Canada
http://www.beard-redfern.com
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx