>A question for the "digitally enabled".
>
>I'm in the process of upgrading my obsolete hardware and I'd like to
>know you opinion.
>I decided to buy a 19" monitor. Space and cost constraints limit the
>choice but I'd like to have a good one within those limits.
>
>I have two option from the same brand, the difference is only in the dot
>pitch: one is 0,27, the other 0,25. In between there is a 30% increase
>in cost (slightly more than 100$) for the better one. Otherwise they
>seem equal.
>
>Does the smaller dot pitch make a difference big enough to justify the
>further expense?
>
>TIA, Flavio

I believe the differences are more than just the dot pitch. More expensive
models usualy have higher frequency which is quite important (especially
when staring at it for a long time). Try to look for the one with at least
85Hz at the resolution that you intend to use (say 1280x1024 for instance; I
think 1600x1200 is too high for 19"). Just be sure the video card can handle
the same resolution and frequency at true colour mode too.

Also, you will find the 0.25 would be slightly sharper than the 0.27 one. I
think the most expensive SONY has 0.22. The NEC that I am using has a funny
design (0.25 at the centre, but 0.27 at the corners). I have not noticed any
problem though.

regards,
Alan Chan