> Nikon F90X, Nikkor AF 80-200/2.8 ED IF (3rd generation, 2 touch
> with tripod collar)

> Pentax Super Program, SMC-A 70-210/4

What was the focal length(s) used for the two photos, Alan?

Also, was the Nikon rig mounted to the ball head by the lens' tripod
mount?  (I'm assuming that the Pentax rig was mounted at the base of
the SP.)

> PS: This tripod is not particular rigid so the actual sharpest
>should be better. Super program is also famous for mirror
>vibration.

Upon first look, it would seem that the A 70-210/4 did a pretty good
job against its expensive (or so I'm assuming) competition.  I think
that the Nikkor seemed to show a slightly higher contrast and a
slightly higher resolution.  But, in both cases, it would seem (at
least to my untrained eyes) that the differences are really quite
small.  As for the SP's shutter vibration, damping it might make the
resolution differences even smaller, I would think.

Thanks for sharing the scans, Alan.

Fred