Bob wrote: "Belgian beer is fantastic! (Apart from the horrible cherry-flavoured
stuff)......  . Anything brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot has got to be good.

Not entirely true. By law, ALL German beer must be produced according to the
Reinheitsgebot and there is some truely nasty stuff around. I've run into a number of
German beers in Germany that would put a spike through your head before the glass was
finished. Found this to be particularly true with beers produced around Stuttgart and
Kaiserslautern. I suppose it what you get used to: Stella did the same to me when I
first moved to Belgium but now I can swill it for hours on end with only minimal
discomfort the following day. But give me a Leffe any day.

Pat
Pat Temmerman
[MZ3_fella]