In a message dated 1/6/2003 12:22:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> > My
> > > color wheel idea obviously is dumb and wouldn't work,
>
> I actually can see a purpose for that idea. It would make it a
> lot easier to set up a colour correction for age/ heat damaged
> films.

Interesting. A month ago I had some film developed that had been sitting around for
over ten years. Surprisingly I got some prints out of it. All pink, but still visible.
(Place where I once lived.) Maybe the pink could be subtracted that way. Anyway, they
came out cropped all wrong, though. I guess the person doing them couldn't figure them
out. Since they were so bad, I printed those myself with the right cropping.

I switched the next time to a better drug store recommended by someone in class. I
figured out it was pretty good because of who was in charge. But she seems to be gone
now, ergo, it's now not much better than the other drug store that cropped wrong.

> but
> > > something else might. Cameras which write back to the film,
> > for
> > > instance, the exposure and shutter speed of each shot. Down
> > the
> > > road, why not? And printers capable of reading that (Sorry
> my
> > > brain is still throwing off dumb ideas.)
>
> Personally, I don't care what exposure combination was used. All
> I care about is that the exposure is close enough to
> correct to
> give a good print.

Right.

Every time I say something you come out with more info. (Re story about DX and info.
on lack of film improvements -- also interesting). Hehehe.

But I think my brain is now wrecked. I am going to dose it with the tranquilizer of
escapist fiction.

Later, Doe aka Marnie :-)