On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:44:32 -0600 (CST), Chris Brogden You are not right here with such generalization on entire Optio range.
Optios 220 an 330GS has different macro mode. They can be focused as close as 10 cm in ANY zoom position.

Ed
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'll agree with Stan on most things, but not on the macro part. Out of
the countless digitals I've played with, the Optio series has among the
worse macro modes. When you put an Optio on macro, the zoom automatically
reverts to the wide-angle position, and you still can't focus that close.
The Optios are cute, small and well-built, but I'd take a Nikon with a 2cm
or 4cm macro if I shot a lot of close-ups.

chris