On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 04:59  AM, Mark D. wrote:

--- Dan Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark,

I had problems with Epson's driver, too, until I
suddenly realized
problems only happened when OS 9 was running in the
background?you
might check if it's the same for you.
The print driver has worked fine except that it lacks
the two (and maybe more) features I had listed. This
is well documented on the Epson website. Epson has
really screwed the pooch when it comes to OS X. I
still don't have a driver for my 1200U Photo and must
rely on Vuescan.

Mark

Maybe my problems with the Epson driver were unique to my machine then.

Vuescan is my driver of choice, both with my ScanDual II (before it crapped out) and my unkillable Umax S-6E flatbed. Hamrick is doing a great deal to keep old scanners compatible with current OS versions. Really hard for me to understand how these megacorporations can't do as well.

Dan Scott